We specialize in removing stains from the source. And in addition to our professional service, here are a few pro tips for spot treating tough stains fast right when they happen.
Treating Tough Stains
- Blood. Act fast by rinsing as much of the blood away as you can using color water. Follow up with a simple solution like two tablespoons of dishwashing liquid diluted in cold water. You can also try a store-bought treatment like Oxi-Clean—this works especially well on blood stains.
- Ink. Dip a light cloth in isopropyl alcohol. Gently dab the stain and repeat until the stain is gone.
- Pet stains and odors. Scoop up or gently dab away as much of the stain as you can first. Next, use a cleaning solution containing ammonia. Just make sure it’s marked as safe for use around pets. A solution of warm water and vinegar followed by baking soda can also help. Keep professional pet urine odor removal on your radar regularly as well.
- Water soluble stains. For things like chocolate, wine, or vomit, try a solution containing one cup water and one tablespoon ammonia, or five parts water with one part chlorine bleach. Be sure to test a small section of your carpet first.
- Oil, fat, wax or gum. Harden the stain first by placing ice over top of it. Chip away as much as you can using a dull knife. For any of these stains besides gum, you can also try placing a towel over the area then ironing over it on a low setting so the stain sticks to the towel.
- Glue. Gently and gradually apply rubbing alcohol using a cotton swab.
- Coffee. Soak up as much of the stain as possible first, then use a cleaning solution containing one and a quarter cups of water and a quarter cup of bleach. Rinse the area well and repeat as needed.
- Washable ink or latex paint. Try making your own solution using a quarter teaspoon white vinegar diluted in about thirty two ounces of water.
- Food, dyes, soda, or alcoholic beverages. Try a white vinegar solution or a store-bought solution like Resolve or Oxi-Clean.
Carpet Cleaning In Newhall, California
Keep in mind that many tough stains can’t be fully removed using do-it-yourself methods. That’s where Chem-Dy has you covered!
Even the most stubborn stains are no match for our revolutionary approach to carpet cleaning in Newhall. We look forward to serving you soon!