WOOL CARPET CAREMake sure you are taking the best care of your wool carpet.
How to Best Care for Wool Carpet
Wool carpets are a beautiful addition to any home, and they’re usually valuable as well. This means taking proper care and precaution is extremely important to ensure that they last a long time and are kept in the same beautiful quality as when you bought it. It’s not enough to just prevent spills and stains; proper cleaning is an essential part of caring for wool carpet. Read through our wool carpet cleaning tips, or call Chem-Dry of Santa Clarita Valley in Santa Clarita today if you need quick and effective wool carpet cleaning.
Five Steps of Effective Wool Carpet Care
- Get ahead of dirt and stains. Place absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home to trap dirt before it even reaches your carpets. Be sure to clean the mats when they become dirty. It is also a great idea to frequently change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems in order to keep dust particles out of the air, and thus out of your carpets.
- Maintain a vacuuming schedule. Carpet should be vacuumed frequently in order to prevent dirt from settling and building up. An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing. We recommend emptying the vacuum cleaner dust bag when half full to avoid potential spills and leaks.
- Pay special attention to the traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used furniture. These areas may require more frequent cleaning. You may start to see faint dirt build-up. Have these areas cleaned before they get worse and settle in
- Always a few paper towels on hand along with cleaning solutions to quickly handle everyday spills and accidents. Don’t allow spills to dry and become stains, handle them right away!
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Chem-Dry, ask about our Wool Safe® products.
If all else fails, call Chem-Dry of Santa Clarita Valley at (661) 816-0403 and we’ll take care of your wool carpets for you with our expert knowledge, extensive training, and specialty safe products! Please don’t hesitate to ask us if you have any questions at all.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout the Santa Clarita Valley, CA area including: Santa Clarita, Newhall, Canyon County, Valencia, Stevenson Ranch, Castaic and the surrounding areas.
20230 Summit View Drive.
Canyon Country, CA 91351