Being mindful of the things we touch every day and the spread of dirt and germs matters—especially in the home.
At Chem-Dry, keeping homes clean is our specialty with services like carpet cleaning in Santa Clarita. We’re here to support you in your efforts to keep you home clean and happy!
It can be helpful to know some of the dirtiest items the average person touches on a daily basis, and how to best clean them to maintain a healthy home.
Common Dirty Items
- Carpets. Whatever is floating around in the air and tracked in on the bottom of feet and shoes will surely make its way into your carpets.
- Cash and credit cards. This makes sense when you consider how many hands and surfaces these items touch.
- Shopping carts. Thankfully, most stores now offer cleansing wipes to sanitize handles before use.
- Furniture. Consider how many hours the average person spends hanging out on their couch. That makes the thought of all the dust, dirt, particles, and odors lingering in upholstery even more alarming!
- Computer keyboards. Crevices on computer keyboards are the perfect spot for crumbs and germs to hide.
- Cell phones. These devices are constantly in our hands, and contain 10 times more germs than the average toilet seat in a public restroom!
- Kitchen towels and sponges. Be sure to sanitize sponges and put kitchen towels through the wash on a regular basis—especially to avoid germs being spread throughout your kitchen.
- Kitchen and bathroom sinks. On a related note, disinfect the sink, faucet, and handles of your sink daily if you can.
- Remote control. Again, these items tend to collect whatever is on the surfaces of our hands and throughout our home—where they can then be easily spread.
Carpet Cleaning In Santa Clarita
While what’s lurking on the surfaces around you can be pretty concerning, you don’t have to worry with Chem-Dry on your side!
With professional services like carpet cleaning in Santa Clarita, we can help you maintain the clean and healthy home you want and deserve.